You might be wondering how to romance Sarah in Starfield. As the de facto head of operations for Constellation, she’s 100% focused on the task at hand. Still, in spite of her headstrong nature, she can eventually open up to you. Our Starfield Sarah romance and quest guide discusses how you can earn her trust.
- Starfield Sarah romance and In Memoriam companion quest guide
- How to romance Sarah: Likes and dislikes
- In Memoriam quest
- Meeting Sona and gathering the dogtags
- Concluding the Sarah romance
Starfield Sarah romance and In Memoriam companion quest guide
How to romance Sarah: Likes and dislikes
The Starfield Sarah romance requires you to boost her affinity by responding in a manner that she likes. Here’s a quick summary:
- She prefers responses that espouse and praise the work done by Constellation.
- General inquisitiveness and support for exploration also provide a boost.
- As a stickler for the rules, Sarah likes it if you resolve conflicts in a peaceful and diplomatic manner.
- She does not like underhanded tactics, such as devious deals and plots. However, she wants to see villains get their comeuppance.
- As usual, choose the “flirt” reply whenever you see it during a conversation.
Here are a few key examples pertaining to Sarah’s likes and dislikes:
- In A Tree Grows in New Atlantis, one of Kelton Frush’s associates asks you to tamper with his work background. If you agree to this, Sarah will dislike the response. Immediately following this, you can succeed in a Persuasion minigame to force the NPC to hand over the dataslate, and she’ll like that action.
- In All That Money Can Buy, there are two prompts where you can let go of a thief named Musgrove. Sarah will dislike both of these responses.
- If you plan on joining Ryujin Industries, an NPC named Tomo will pull a gun on you. Diffusing the situation via the Persuasion minigame nets you two likes/approvals.
In Memoriam quest
The Starfield Sarah romance and quest arc has at least four unique conversations where she tells you about her past. She admits that she was once a pilot in the United Colonies military, and she ended up abandoning her comrades. If you proceed with her quest, In Memoriam, she’ll be locked as you active companion until you complete it. Here’s what you need to know:
- The Starfield In Memoriam quest begins in the MAST District. Sarah wants to talk to her former commanding officer.
- The rest of the mission takes place on Cassiopeia I in the Eta Cassiopeia system. There, you’ll find Sarah’s old campsite.
- You can climb the canyon via a sloping path off to the side. Once you reach the top and pick up a beacon, the rocks will move–they’re actually carnivorous creatures, and they pack quite a punch.
- Head inside the crashed ship and analyze the telemetry data. You’ll also find Nova Galactic Manual 01 here, which reduces the fuel needed for a grav jump by 1%.
Next up, you’ll need to travel to another region in Cassiopeia I:
- It’s going to be a long trek across ravines and forests, but you’ll eventually reach a small hab. Inside, you’ll meet a young girl named Sona, the daughter of two of Sarah’s comrades.
- You’ll find a Constellation Guide 03, a skill book that lowers oxygen consumption when you’re moving while over-encumbered.
- Proceed deeper into the woods until you find a plateau with marked graves. You can collect nine dogtags here.
- The tenth and final dogtag is in the belly of a Greater Silverfish, a dinosaur-like creature that you need to kill.
- Once you have all the dogtags, return to Sona’s hab. You can convince her to leave the place so she can stay with you and Sarah.
Concluding the Sarah romance
It’s time to conclude the Starfield Sarah romance. Here’s what you need to do:
- After talking to Sona, exit the hab and speak with Sarah while overlooking the bluffs. Choose: “[Flirt] I’m hoping there’s much more than simple gratitude tucked away in that statement.”
- Return to the Lodge and bring Sarah to the Colony War Memorial in the Embassy District. When prompted, choose: “[Flirt] I only say these things because I care about you, Sarah.”
- Make your way to the New Atlantis docks and use the elevator near the shops. Select the Waterfall Promenade. There, Sarah will admit that she has feelings for you. This opens up the “Friendship” or “Romance” responses.
- Shortly thereafter, Sarah mentions something about her mother and how you might eventually meet her. Respond with: “[Commitment] I’d like to spend our future together, forever.”
That’s it: that’s everything you need to know about how to romance Sarah in Starfield. Don’t forget that you can cozy up with other companions, such as Andreja and Barrett. You can also learn about all potential recruits in our companions and crew members guide.
Starfield is a massive game with numerous planets to explore. For other tips and tactics, you can visit our guides hub.