Following a leak, Nintendo officially announced a new Super Mario-themed Switch OLED during the Super Mario Bros. Wonder Direct. Featuring a red design and the specs of the premium Switch OLED, the device will launch on October 6 ahead of the arrival of Super Mario Bros. Wonder–and preorders are now open at Best Buy and GameStop–though GameStop’s preorders are only available for PowerUp Rewards Pro members.
The Mario Red Edition Switch OLED features a seven-inch OLED screen, enhanced audio, 64GB internal storage, and everything else you need to get gaming–including the dock, Joy-Con, Joy-Con grip, and HDMI cable.
Fans of the mustachioed plumber can get the red console just in time for Mario’s latest platforming adventure. Super Mario Bros. Wonder launches October 20, and Nintendo showed off more than 10 minutes of gameplay alongside the special-edition console reveal. Check out our breakdown of the jam-packed trailer. If the new gameplay sold you on the side-scrolling adventure, take a peek at our Super Mario Bros. Wonder preorder guide.
Mario products are always popular, so while it’s unlikely this unit will sell out, you should reserve your unit as soon as possible just to be safe.
Best Gaming & Tech Deals This Week
- Starfield Steam Keys Are Discounted Ahead Of Next Month’s Launch
- Save On 3 Months Of Game Pass Just In Time For Starfield
- Prep For Fall With Humble’s End Of Summer Sale
- Armored Core 6 Gets Big Discount For Xbox Ahead This Week’s Launch
- Get 12 Games For $8 While Supporting A Good Cause
- Official Xbox Controllers Get Big Discounts At Amazon