Some sections in Baldur’s Gate 3 can be quite tricky. But, what happens when someone is intentionally tricking you? That’s what you’ll experience once you go to the Circus of the Last Days, where you’ll notice that a fella keeps cheating. Our guide discusses how you can win Akabi’s jackpot in Baldur’s Gate 3, which nets you a legendary weapon.
How to win Akabi’s Jackpot in Baldur’s Gate 3
The Baldur’s Gate 3 Akabi jackpot task happens during the game’s third act. Specifically, once you’ve reached the village of Rivington, you want to go north and enter the gates to the Circus of the Last Days. This area is filled with curious attractions, including fey and undead performers. It also happens to be where you can start the Dribbles the Clown quest.
How to stop Akabi from cheating
In any case, you’ll see an attraction to the left of the entrance. It’s none other than a djinni named Akabi. When you spin the wheel, you need to pass a hidden Perception check. You’ll realize that he’s rigged the game. However, if you continue to accuse him of cheating, he’ll turn you into a wheel of cheese for several turns. Also, if you keep spinning the wheel, you’ll lose 500 gold each time, only to receive a bunch of junk.
To stop Akabi from cheating, you need to switch one character to stealth mode. Go behind him so you can pickpocket the Djinni Ring. The next time you spin the wheel, he accuses you of cheating, but you can just say: “So did you – I just evened the odds.”
How to get the Nyrulna Legendary Trident
Akabi will get ticked off, and he’ll teleport your character (the one you’re controlling at the time) to a separate dimension. This jungle area is quite small, but there are several dinosaur enemies. Your goal is to stay hidden, while moving to the opposite end of the path. If you have a Greater Invisibility spell or scroll, now would be a great time to use it. Alternatively, you can try your best to sneak past the creatures.
At the far edge of this area, you’ll see a floating platform with a chest. The chest has a DC20 Sleight of Hand check just to open it. If you’re unable to do that with your active character, you can simply right-click to place it in your inventory.
Once you unlock the chest, you’ll get the Nyrulna legendary trident. It has the following perks:
- Damage – 1d8 (1d6)+3 piercing; +1d6 thunder.
- Zephyr Connection – The weapon returns to your hand when thrown; cannot be forced to drop this via disarming; when thrown, create an explosive blast that deals 3-12 thunder damage.
- Veil of the Wind – Gain a three-meter bonus to movement range and jump distance; makes you immune to fall damage.
- Nyrulna Glowing – Shines with a glowing light in a six-meter radius.
- +3 weapon enchantment
Possible bugs that you might encounter
For the sake of clarity, we did the Baldur’s Gate 3 Akabi’s jackpot task using two different saves:
- One save file was from early on in Act 3. We passed the hidden Perception check, we stole Akabi’s ring, and Akabi teleported us to the jungle area. Everything worked fine.
- The other save file was from a later portion of Act 3, after we had already completed several quests. We had also defeated important bosses by then. Although we did grab Akabi’s ring, and he did attempt his teleportation animation, nothing happened.
As of now, we’re unable to confirm what exactly caused this issue. We can only guess if it might be because we’ve advanced too far into the third act.
Baldur’s Gate 3 is filled to the brim with activities and secrets. You’ll no doubt be part of an adventure that can take countless hours to complete. For other tips, you can visit our BG3 guides hub.